Nice to meet you!
What We Believe
Pleasant Valley United Methodist Church exists to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Pleasant Valley UMC is part of the worldwide United Methodist Church. This is a brief overview of our basic beliefs.
- We profess God as Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We know God as Creator/Provider, Redeemer/Savior, Sustainer/Comforter.
We affirm that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior of the world, and the Lord of all.
- We experience the Holy Spirit as God’s presence with us.
- We believe that we are saved by God’s grace through our faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is both a moment and a process. We are saved from our sins and given the assurance of eternal life when we profess our faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior. This moment begins a lifetime of growing more Christ-like and becoming more and more able to truly love God with our heart, mind, soul and strength and our neighbor as we love ourselves.
- We believe that all are created in the image of God, and all are loved by God. As such, all are welcome at Christ’s table. As disciples of Jesus Christ, we welcome everyone with the love of Jesus Christ. As disciples, we are called to serve in the name of Jesus Christ. God sends us into the world in the name of Jesus Christ to transform lives where there is need.